Respond SA is a statement by Relationships Australia (SA) of our dedication to supporting adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. Through the maintenance of this website and continued development of our range of services, Relationships Australia (SA) will ensure that:
- Adult survivors are able to access a range of support services
- There is an appropriate response by organisations when a report of past sexual abuse is made
- Health care workers and other front line professional groups have the knowledge and skills to appropriately respond to the needs of adult survivors
- There is increased knowledge and understanding in the community about the difficulties and issues involved for adult survivors.This important service initiative by the Government has established an independent, specialist response to a significant social health issue.
- To provide effective support services to adults (and their families) who have been subjected to childhood sexual abuse
- To increase the ability of organisations and workers to provide an appropriate response when reports of childhood sexual abuse are made
- To increase community awareness and understanding of childhood sexual abuse and its effects on adults
- To provide policy advice which ensures improved responses and assists in the prevention of childhood sexual abuse.