Respond SA is a statement by Relationships Australia (SA) of its commitment to provide effective support to adults who have been subjected to childhood sexual abuse.
With the completion of the Children in State Care Commission of Inquiry (Mullighan Inquiry) there has been changes to the services Relationships Australia (SA) offers. People who have been involved in the Inquiry can access free counselling at Relationships Australia (SA) in relation to the inquiry.
If you would like to receive counselling in relation to your involvement with the Inquiry:
- Call the Adelaide office of Relationships Australia (SA) on (08) 8223 4566 or freecall from regional areas on 1800 182 325.
- All enquires are dealt with by our Adelaide office but counselling may be available at some other metropolitan locations, or a telephone counselling appointment can be scheduled.
- Tell the person who answers your call that your request for counselling is in relation to the Children in State Care Commission of Inquiry (Mullighan Inquiry)
- You will be allocated the first available appointment with a counsellor who is experienced in responding to child sexual abuse.
- There will be no fee for this service.
If you are an adult survivor of childhood sexual abuse and would like to receive counselling related to the abuse, but you were not part of the Inquiry:
- Call a Relationships Australia (SA) office at a location that suits you. You can view our office locations here.
- It is not necessary to, but can be helpful to mention to the person who answers your call that your request for counselling relates to surviving child sexual abuse.
- You will be allocated the first available appointment with an experienced counsellor.
- During the past four years of the operation of Respond SA its expertise has been woven throughout Relationships Australia (SA). This means that the counsellor you are connected with will be skilled in responding to child sexual abuse.
- There are fees associated with this service,
- $25 (health care card)
- $60 for a standard business hours appointment
- $80 for an evening appointment
To view a list of other free and fee-based service providers who are skilled in responding to childhood sexual abuse please click here.
When you use our counselling service your confidentially is protected, you are believed; and you are treated with respect and dignity. Australian law means that there may be instances where we are obliged to notify authorities, such as if we have reasonable suspicion that someone is continuing to abuse you, if you have concerns about this please discuss with your counsellor.
Please direct all enquiries to the contact us page
or call Relationships Australia (SA)
Phone: (08) 8223 4566
Freecall: 1800 182 325